[mythtv-users] MythWeb setup issues - Mandriva 2010.2

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Aug 4 18:01:12 UTC 2011

On 04/08/11 14:17, Doug Lytle wrote:
> Kris B. wrote:
>> I am running Mandriva 2010.2, and using mythtv and mythweb .23...
>>

> I'll see if I can get some time today to review my settings, I have a
> couple systems running .23 and mythweb under Mandriva.

I have never managed to get the packaged mythweb provided by Mandriva to run
successfully. I don't think the packager understands how it works, it gets
installed in the wrong location with respect to the rest of the html tree. The
last time I tried it I ended up with a similar situation to that you describe.

Since then I've reinstalled Mandriva 2010.2 and done the following:

(i) Pulled mythbackend /only/ as a package, in order to get the init.d entries.

(ii) Installed from the tarball of 0.24.1 from the mythtv download page, and the
matching themes, of course, which is where mythweb currently resides. Built with
--prefix=/usr to overwrite the existing entries. All functions perfectly well -
except for the omission of the /var/www/html/mythweb/data directory, there was
another thread about that.

-> I could do this as I run minimyth as front ends, so didn't mind upgrading.

--

Mike Perkins