[mythtv-users] MySQL related BE deadlocks - collective wisdom needed

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Aug 4 20:43:48 UTC 2011

On 11-08-04 04:39 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Thought I'd mention that Daniel K just pushed a change that reworks
> reconnections.

Indeed.  I saw it already and am drooling over it.  :-)

> We have high hopes that this will work around the frequent MySQL
> connection drop-out issues some users were seeing.

Not as high as mine, let me assure you.  :-)

> For those of you on
> 0.24-fixes, I will try to create a backport patch and post it here for
> testing later today.

You post it and I will build and run it.

> We plan to let this sit in unstable for a bit of
> testing and to prove it actually works before pushing it to -fixes, though.

Totally understandable and fair.  I don't mind being a guinea pig for
this.  It can't really be worse than the current situation (OK.  It
*could* be, but is not likely to be).

Cheers and many thanks!

b.