[mythtv-users] Channel scanning with the Prime?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Aug 5 21:13:09 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 17:03 -0400, Matt Emmott wrote:
> I probably just missed this answer, but since the Prime has a
> CableCard, is the logic built into the card to know which channel is
> which, and tell the Myth channel scanner appropriately? Because if
> not, I may just cancel my pre-order and stick with my HD-PVR. (I hope
> that's not the case!)

OCUR recorders like the Ceton and the Prime have an extra tuner that
picks up the channel map information from the cable provider. So most
likely you will be able to fetch the channels from DataDirect instead
of doing a scan. You may still need to manually remove channels that
are not marked copy-freely, but at least when the channels move around
the recorder will get an update to the channel map from the cable
company.

-- Daniel