[mythtv-users] Comcast CableCard Info

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sat Aug 6 02:37:07 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 10:07 PM, Tom Bongiorno <two.bits.11 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Under ths Conditional Access page, it say "Status: Not Staged".  The Copy
> Protection page says "Auth Status: Waiting for CP Auth".  Not sure what this
> means, but it doesn't sound good.

Not staged? That's needs to be done before the device can be paired,
and it can only be done by engineers in the NOC. I think sending a
tech to your house is gonna do nothing but waste time for both of you.
I'd try calling comcast back, getting in touch with the engineers and
let them know your cablecard isn't even staged.

For what it's worth, I found this thread where someone mentions that
apparently a lot of people are having problems with unstaged cards:
http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/CableCARD-Ceton-InfiniTV-4-tuner-Win7-Media-Center-does-not/td-p/914313

And also, for what it's worth, I saw someone in the silicondust forums
having similar issues with their Prime.

--
Ron Frazier