[mythtv-users] MySQL related BE deadlocks - collective wisdom needed

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Sat Aug 6 08:42:58 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 15:00 -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 11:19 +0200, Lawrence Rust wrote:
> > >
> > > Indeed.  I saw it already and am drooling over it.  :-)
> >
> > Unfortunately those commits completely hose LiveTV for me.  See
> > http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9964
> >
> > Maybe my setup may be problematic - FE & BE on one box but mysql
> > (5.1.41) on a separate Ubuntu 10.04 LTS server.
>
> Lawrence, there appears to be an issue with the demo recorder you are
> using or the configuration thereof. I've committed something that
> should restore the old behaviour in that case, but still print out
> an error message so you can still trace the source of the issue.
> Basically, the DB schema does not allow for the recorder input to be
> NULL, but somehow it is in that insert.

Thanks for making this change - it restores LiveTV again from my import
recorder and enables me to continue testing.  However, the BE produces
this error messge:

2011-08-06 10:04:58.926519 E  Original query failed, but resend with
empty strings in place of NULL strings worked.
DB Error (MSqlQuery):

The full log output from both the FE & BE can be seen here:
http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythdb-nullstring.log

I checked my BE setup and found nothing odd so I deleted all capture
cards, video sources, connections and channels and re-created the import
and demo recorders but got the same message.

--
Lawrence