[mythtv-users] 'mythtv is idle' and wont auto shutdown/suspend

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 13:15:05 UTC 2011

> The timeout is for when a frontend crashes instead of shutting down
> properly.  When shut down properly, the backend sees the frontend
> disconnect, and knows that it has no clients connected, so is allowed to
> shut down immediately.  This sounds more like a system socket issue or
> network issue than like a MythTV bug to me.

it's unlikely to be network (wired network, with no packet loss), although i
guess it could be a problem with the BE system... i'm having other
(completely unrelated issues) with it.
i might build a couple of VM's which resembles my setup and test further,
see if it's a problem with my live setup, or a general mythtv issue.

> And, besides, I think it's already been reported:
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9712

it seems a similar problem, i'd have the check my logs when my BE+FE system
is idle - its part way through a 7 hour recording right now.