[mythtv-users] Cant tune SBS and Nine in Melbourne, AU with Hauppauge HVR2200
J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Aug 8 12:12:55 UTC 2011
On 08/08/11 10:26, blind_Pete wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Aug 2011, Anthony Hill wrote:
>> ..got sick of my growing collection of slightly crap usb tuners and got me a
>> PCIe Hauppauge HVR2200 the other day.
>> Once I got the modules.conf (options saa7164 card=6) and firmware
>> (dvb-fe-tda10048-1.0.fw, NXP7164-2010-03-10.1.fw) in place
>> it seemed to be working fine.
>> I did a channel scan, setup the video sources, and it seemed all good -
>> channels changed fast, signal level was good - and picture looked fine.
>> Except no SBS (SBS ONE, TWO, 3, 4, and HD) or 9 (Go and GEM).
> Nothing at all? Or just a poor picture? Digital is notorious for
> either working perfectly or not at all.
> Try again. Check tha antenna and connections.
>> I found postings from lots of Aussies who seemed to be having similar
>> problems. (I suspect these stations changed something [added an extra
>> channel?] in the last few months)
> Those two stations use a +125 kHz offset. Edit the transports.
>> There seemed to be 3 basic fixes.
>> (1) tzap.
>> Install dvb-apps, run scan, create and import a channels.conf
>> (2) Edit Transports
>> Go to myth-setup, channel editor, edit transports, add a new transport
>> for each channel, and rescan
>> (3) Delete something from the database and rescan.
>> ..so tzap and transports didnt really work for me - they both find the new
>> channels when I rescan - but they dont work - I get nothing but a blank
>> screen when I change to them, the frontend becomes unresponsive for a while
>> (and sometimes crashes). I also get no EIT EPG for these channels.
>> I dont know specifically what the database trick is.
>> I'm running ubuntu 11.04 with :-
>> MythTV Version : v0.24.1-60-gd525265
>> MythTV Branch : fixes/0.24
>> Network Protocol : 63
>> Library API : 0.24.20110505-1
>> QT Version : 4.7.2
>> ..please help - I love my new card - but this is a show-stopper.
This crop of posts looks as if it has similarities with others, from the
UK, that have arisen from our ongoing 'digital switchover' with its
rearrangement of the earlier set of multiplexes and channels; mine is
due next week but there was a mini-change earlier.
It seems that the essential actions are to delete all digital channels
and their transports before rescanning. If you know the frequencies of
some of the new multiplexes enter them with the transport editor, enable
searching for other linked transports, and _then_ rescan. If you don't
do the deletions first the old stuff remains in the database and
I don't know just how this will play in Oz, but I hope it might help.
More information about the mythtv-users