[mythtv-users] CF mythfrontend recommendations

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 12:33:58 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Fernando Ruza Rodriguez
<ffrr12 at gmail.com>wrote:

> El dom, 07-08-2011 a las 13:06 -0400, Raymond Wagner escribió:
> > On 8/7/2011 12:46, Fernando Ruza Rodriguez wrote:
> > > I'm going to install a Mythtv frontend with Debian Linux in a 2GB
> > > Compact Flash. I'm going to follow the recommendations it says here, in
> > > the section linux tuning:
> > > http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Compact_Flash_boot_drive
> > >
> > > Does anyone have anymore recommendations for this kind of
> > > installation ??
> >
> > You need a CF card, a CF-PATA adapter, and a PATA-SATA controller.  Why
> > not just get an SSD?
>
> Because I already had all of that: Transced CF 2GB 300x and addonics
> CF-SATA Adapter:
> http://www.addonics.com/products/flash_memory_reader/adsacf.asp
>
> It is an old mythtv frontend I did 3 years ago and 2 months ago the CF
> memory was broken that's why I'm asking for the CF recommendations to
> see if now I can make its life longer.

I recently moved from a CF to an SSD installation.  I had no problems with
the CF but I found 8GB to be too small so I'm not sure what success you will
have with 2GB.  It was as cheap for me to buy a 30GB SSD as to get a large
CF card...

Kevin