[mythtv-users] How to make mythbuntu 10.4 system disk clone bootable?

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Mon Aug 8 14:14:55 UTC 2011

On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 08:38 -0500, "Craig Huff"
<huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:

  On Aug 8, 2011 8:30 AM, "Kris B." <[1]krisbee at krisbee.com>
  wrote:

  > That is correct - when you copy a partition, unless you are
  doing a full dd, the boot sectors don't get set up.  Easily
  fixed - just get into a working system, and you install grub
  on the disk you need a boot loader to point at the correct
  disk (usually the same one, but not always!) and off you go.
  > --
  > Kris B.
  > [2]krisbee at krisbee.com

  The trick is getting that done. As I said earlier (at least I
  think I did), the grub install command (grub-install?)
  refuses, saying something about no partition found. However, I
  can mount and read files in the partition, so that's not
  exactly true.

Well, some thread here people are having problems, and there are
workarounds:
[3]http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1742308&page=2

I know grub uses that hd(0,1) business that is hard to get your
mind around... so there is that part of the equation also...

--
Kris B.
[4]krisbee at krisbee.com