[mythtv-users] How to make mythbuntu 10.4 system disk clone bootable?

Terjesen Jens Peder Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Mon Aug 8 14:28:32 UTC 2011

Craig Huff wrote:
------------------------------------
Sorry. Looks like we're getting off track. When I did this kind of thing in the past, the problem was that copying the O/S partition didn't get the MBR set up and didn't take care of configuring grub either. With help from this list, I was able to get a grub-based system working, but now we're talking about an "improved" grub2 system. I also suspect there's something going on with different tools reporting different file systems for the same partition. ATM, I only have a MythBuntu 10.04 live/install CD (or a fedora 11 install CD) to work with.

On the OpenSUSE install DVDs there is a menu option for repairing an existing installation.
One of the choices here is to repair the boot loader.

Do you have something similar on your install CDs?

Jens