[mythtv-users] send UPnP to mythtv

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Aug 11 15:48:10 UTC 2011

On 8/11/2011 10:02, Stephen Atkins wrote:
> I've searched around but can't find anything about sending a
> video/picture/music from a device to a mythtv box.  It works the other
> way around just great.  Anything recorded or other media I can see on my
> windows and other linux boxes just fine.  What I would like is to push
> video from my android phone to the myth frontend with out having to
> tether the phone and copy the file across to the videos dir.

Right now, MythTV only operates as a UPNP server.  It does not support
client functionality.  As a hackish work around, you can use djmount and
access the files in MythVideo.

One of devs picked up interest in this a few months back, and added some
partial code for a UPNP client in mythfrontend.  Much of it is
committed, but unfinished, and sitting in inactive code.  It may be
ready in time for 0.25.