[mythtv-users] User-definable Menu Option?

James MacKenzie mst3000 at newsguy.com
Fri Aug 12 17:43:38 UTC 2011

<delurk>

Is there any way that a user-definable menu option could be added to MythTV?

So, here's the deal...

I'd like to be able to add just one menu option to the system, which could
call a script of my choosing.

Reason:  I'm using wireless networking, and with the location of things, every
once in a while I lose connectivity.  In order to get it back, I either have
to wire into my Myth box and ssh over, reset, etc...or quit out of MythTV and
run the commands, etc., etc.

It'd be nice to just be able to use the remote control, go down to my "Reset
Wireless" option from the menu, and voila...everything's working again.

A) Is this possible?  B) Am I the first to be asking for something like this?
Not that I read every message on this list, but I haven't seen this come up
before and I can't imagine I'm the first to want something like this. C) Does
this exist already and someone's going to point me to a page and say RTFM,
ID10T! :)

Thanks!

Jim

</delurk>