[mythtv-users] Custom record for re-recording shows before a certain date

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 19:59:34 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 11:10 AM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> First, this will cover every program you already have recorded,
> including generics.  This might or might not be what you want.  If it
> isn't, you'll need to narrow the scope somehow.  If many titles are
> covered, you could move them all to a "Re-Record" recording group and
> match on that.

Oops...I didn't realize the title in the Mythweb form meant the title
of the rule not the show.

Changed it to:

program.title = 'The Big Bang Theory' and program.programid =
recordedprogram.programid and
recordedprogram.starttime < "2011-06-23"

Also set it to ignore duplicates on the Mythweb form.

So am I right in thinking that as I re-record the twenty or so
episodes of the series that were affected and delete the originals,
the rule will eventually stop working (as I intend) once I've deleted
all the pre-June 23rd showings?

Thanks.