[mythtv-users] Custom record for re-recording shows before a certain date

David Engel david at istwok.net
Fri Aug 12 21:25:41 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 03:59:34PM -0400, Ian Evans wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 11:10 AM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> > First, this will cover every program you already have recorded,
> > including generics.  This might or might not be what you want.  If it
> > isn't, you'll need to narrow the scope somehow.  If many titles are
> > covered, you could move them all to a "Re-Record" recording group and
> > match on that.
>
> Oops...I didn't realize the title in the Mythweb form meant the title
> of the rule not the show.
>
> Changed it to:
>
> program.title = 'The Big Bang Theory' and program.programid =
> recordedprogram.programid and
> recordedprogram.starttime < "2011-06-23"
>
> Also set it to ignore duplicates on the Mythweb form.
>
> So am I right in thinking that as I re-record the twenty or so
> episodes of the series that were affected and delete the originals,
> the rule will eventually stop working (as I intend) once I've deleted
> all the pre-June 23rd showings?

Ooh, I misread rp.starttime as rp.originalairdate in your earlier
messgae.  Anyway, yes, what you have will work, but with one caveat.
Because you disabled duplicate checking, you will risk recording
duplicates until you delete the old recordings.  YOu really should
re-enable duplicate checking and choose "Allow this program to
re-record" for the old recordings and then you don't have to worry
about it.

David
--
David Engel