[mythtv-users] Myth on a bridge

Patrick Ouellette pat at flying-gecko.net
Sun Aug 14 02:32:19 UTC 2011

I recently picked up a ceton Infinitv card and was messing around on my
combined FE/BE running TRUNK.  If I set up a ethernet bridge between
the eth0 and ctn0 interfaces, mythbackend starts fine but mythfrontend
can't find the backend server.  Neither can mythweb (everything is on the
one box).  Looking at lsof, it appears mythbackend is only listening on
port 6543 on the IPv6 stack and not the IPv4 address the bridge is set up
as.  If I remove the bridge, and go back to eth0 and ctn0 as separate
interfaces with their own IPv4 addresses everything is fine.

Anyone else seen this or solved this?

Thanks,

Pat

Patrick Ouellette                 pat at flying-gecko.net
ne4po (at) arrl (dot) net         Amateur Radio: NE4PO

What kind of change have you been in the world today?