[mythtv-users] Long time Mythwelcome bugs?

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Mon Aug 15 08:48:52 UTC 2011

Douglas Mackay wrote:
> On 14 August 2011 19:06, Neil Cooper <neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Ahh No I'm not using mythshutdown...  mythshutdown doesn't set the RTC bios so I call my own script that does it.
>>
>> So you're saying the only way mythwelcome can know if it is being woken to do a recording is if mythtv was shutdown using mythshutdown? That's not at all clear from the documentation in the wiki.
>>
> mythshutdown --setwakeup is what sets the next wakeup time in the
> database table. Mythwelcome will then check the value on next start-up
> and determine if it's a scheduled or manual start-up.

For me it wasn't clear as well and more importantly it *DOES NOT* work
like this, at least not for me.

I'm runng 0.24+fixes on Ubuntu 10.04. LTS. The backend shuts down the PC
when it's idle and it wakes up 2 minutes before the recording would
start. The mythtv user logs in automatically with a delay of 30 seconds.
But mythwelcome *ALWAYS* starts the frontend, no matter whether I
switched on the PC manually or it switched on because of a scheduled
recording.