[mythtv-users] Tracing Instability

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Aug 15 13:17:44 UTC 2011

On 11-08-15 04:42 AM, blind_Pete wrote:

> I'm running boinc, so my machine is always heavily loaded, that might be
> contributing to my problems.

Heavy or light load should not cause a "deadlock".  Sure, it can make
everything go slower, but a deadlock is a bug, not a load artifact.

> Add Mandriva 2010.2 with plf backports to your list.
>
> [root at live ~]# rpm -q mysql
> mysql-5.1.58-0.1mdv2010.2

Oh wow, so an even quite new(er than warpme and mine) MySQL too.

> Do you mean, "MySQL related BE deadlocks - collective wisdom needed"?

Indeed.  Please be sure to collect stack traces when you get what you
think are deadlocks to be sure.  Notice the mysql theads in the
backtraces posted to messages in that thread.

And please, trim your posts a bit more aggressively.  You should remove
all content from previous replies that is not part of the context of
your own reply, as I have done here.

b.