[mythtv-users] Long time Mythwelcome bugs?

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Mon Aug 15 20:22:30 UTC 2011

On 08/15/2011 02:47 PM, Neil Cooper wrote:
> Could I suggest we do away with mythshutdown entirely and when mythwelcome starts up just have it directly read the time last stored in the RTC flash and compare it to (system time - uptime). That would seem to be a much simpler, cleaner and more accurate way to figure out if the box was started by automatic wakeup or by the user.

Or perhaps the mythfrontend can insert and entry in the DB when it
wakes, if it doesn't connect to the master backend.  Then, when the
master backend powers up it looks for that entry to make the
determination of how it was started.

But, what exists now works for me.  If I start the frontend in the
bedroom and the backend was off, it powers up.  The only thing I need to
do is exit the frontend on the fe/be machine so it will power down when
I go to sleep.

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E