[mythtv-users] Anyone tested the DVB-T2 dual tuner TBS6280?

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Tue Aug 16 09:38:36 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 19:11 +0100, Simon Hobson wrote:
> This suggests he's not really used to dealing with people for whom
> "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" on the command line is "advanced".

Hardly surprising. Linux PVR applications still aren't that simple
either. This mailing list would be pretty quiet if it were. You've got
to be really lucky (or very good at picking hardware) to get off that
without the level of involvement required for basic apt use.

Furthermore, I'd imagine most of their initial customers are *are*
embedded solution developers too, so again, this standpoint isn't
surprising. It is called the 'bleeding edge' for a very good reason.

My opinion of Constantine's reply is that he should be commended for
actually taking the time (out of his weekend) to reply to you, and to
the list in general. I'm personally looking forward to seeing more of
the aforementioned 'in-development' efforts from TBS, whom are clearly
doing their best to provide good Linux support (despite having to jump
the flaming NDA hoops).

I shall watch with interest. :)

Tom