[mythtv-users] Long time Mythwelcome bugs?

Douglas Mackay douglas.mackay at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 18:20:47 UTC 2011

On 16 August 2011 20:54, Thomas Boehm <mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net> wrote:

> Firstly, why is the setwakeup.sh different for the different cases?
> Whether the BIOS time is UTC or not should be the same no matter whether
> I use mythwelcome or not?

When I set-up the mythwelcome section the previous configurations all
seemed to have different scripts (and different mythtv settings)
depending if bios was in UTC or local. This is why I created the
setwakeup.sh script that could be used for either (with the same
mythtv settings). As I've not seen any issues with this script I,or
someone, probably needs to update the other sections of the wiki to
make it consistent.

> Secondly, why is the command to set wakeup time in mythwelcome 'sudo sh
> -c "/usr/bin/setwakeup.sh $time"' and not just 'sudo
> /usr/bin/setwakeup.sh $time'? The first command would allow the mythtv
> user to open a *root terminal* at any time without a password if you
> make the changes in the sudoers file!!! Why not running everything as
> root then?

Thanks, I've updated the mythwelcome section to fix this.

> Also, if you switch on the PC manually within ~20 minutes of the next
> recording, then mythwelcome will not start mythfrontend as it should. To
> mythwelcome it will look as if the PC got woken up automatically. I
> don't know whether it's possible to let mythwelcome know how the PC got
> switched on in another way, I just wanted to mention it.

mythwelcome / mythshutdown has a fixed 15 minute window that won't
allow shutdown if a recording is about to start (or about to enter a
defined wakeup period). And if the PC starts within a 15 minute window
a wakeup time it will detected as a scheduled wakeup.