[mythtv-users] hvr2250 wont tune?

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 02:58:27 UTC 2011

So, I made a mistake of trying to upgrade my myth box today, in order
to (try) to solve a mildly annoying problem.

As is the way these things usually go, all the upgrade did was make
everything worse.

I've managed to fix most of the issues, but now I'm stumped.

My Myth box has an HVR-1600, and an HVR-2250.

Both have worked fine since I initially set them up.

After the upgrade, the 2 digital tuners from the HVR-2250 were no
longer present in myth.

Much mucking about later, I'm pretty sure that I determined that the
system upgrade must have moved it to a newer build of the driver, but
that was looking for firmware that I didn't have - which caused the
devices to not show up under /dev/dvb/*.

I _think_ I have that fixed now... dmesg shows nothing suspicious, and
the 2 tuners are now back in /dev/dvb.

The myth config was still rather confused at this point, so I deleted
all of my tuners, and re-added them all from scratch.

Myth now seems happy.  And I can tune a digital channel on the
HVR-1600.  However, if I switch to either of the tuners on the
HVR-2250, I either get a black screen, or sometimes a mostly black
screen with warnings about not being able to get a channel lock.

So, something is obviously still broken between myth, the drivers and
the firmware... but I can't find any logs that give me a clue.

Anyone else experience this?

Any tips on next steps for debugging?

I'm using MythBuntu 11.04 and Myth
MythTV Version   : v0.24.1-73-g5655302