[mythtv-users] External channel change program for Scientific Atlanta 4240HDC?

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Sun Aug 21 18:49:19 UTC 2011

>>> Does anyone have a working program for changing the channel on a
>>> Scientific Atlanta 4240HDC via Firewire?
>> Look at the third post....
>> http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-712789.html
>
> Assuming it doesn't break other boxes, why not update the wiki copy for
> everyone to use?
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Sa4250_ch_guid

I have an SA4240HDC and stumbled across this thread when trying to get
firewire to play nice. I had to add the key release command to sa4240_ch
to get my SA4240HDC to change channels. Taking your advice, I edited the
wiki page to include the changes to sa4240_ch.c that I needed.

I added a '-k' argument to the program. When this argument is used the
program will send a key release command after the channel command.

Let me know if this is not OK, I'll take it out. But it sure was helpful
for me.

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org
http://hovland.org/