[mythtv-users] Best way to integrate a Netflix feed into Myth ?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Aug 22 18:19:07 UTC 2011

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 9:20 PM, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is no need to record movies when you can get them any time on
> Netflix.
>
> I need to "capture" the Netflix stream so that I can distribute it to
> the TVs around the house.

The closest way to do that would be to use LiveTV mode.

Ideally, there'd be a better way to do this, not just for Netflix, but
also for On-Demand content from a cable STB and such.  It would be
better if mythTV had a pass-through mode that disabled buffering to
disk, eliminating the ability to pause/record/rewind but providing
lower latency playback of the content and a way to pass through remote
control commands from the frontend to the STB/appliance, but nothing
like that exists right now.  If only there were more hours in the
day...

Eric