[mythtv-users] External channel change program for Scientific Atlanta 4240HDC?

Keith Pyle kpyle at austin.rr.com
Tue Aug 23 02:29:31 UTC 2011

On 08/22/11 07:00, Erik Hovland wrote:
>> > I'm certainly willing to share the modified code and steps for building it
>> > with anyone who wants it.
> I am interested in any steps you made to get your setup stable. I am
> especially interested in what you did differently then the wiki page
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/FireWire
>
> Did you use sa4250_ch as an external channel changer or
> was the MythTV internal code enough?
The primary change was that, as you noted in an earlier message, the
4240HDC needs the key release command sent.  I've since merged some of
the ideas from sa4250_ch and from some other channel change programs to
create an initial, more generic program.  My thought was to create a
program that would identify the specific model set-top box and do the
right thing.  I've diverted to other projects and haven't completed it,
but it is working for the 4240.

I use this program as an external channel changer and I've had no
problems at all.  I haven't tried or looked at the Myth internal code.

Keith