[mythtv-users] Driving a PAL tv using Intel graphics

Alex Butcher mythlist at assursys.co.uk
Tue Aug 23 12:19:56 UTC 2011

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011, Andre wrote:

> On 23 Aug 2011, at 12:25, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>>>
>>> I noted after I posted that the user questions say it was designed for a
>>> Radeon, which suggests it may not be the same as Steve Hall's circuit after
>>> all. It'd be a good, tidy base to hack from, though.
>>
>> It says that it can take RGBHV in and output composite sync on pin 19
>> so should work fine with either ATI or nVidia.
>
> You still need to output interlaced video, something that Nvidia always seem to have problems with.

Over the video output port, maybe.

However, with the VGA port, no problems with that since mid-8000 series
drivers for my MX440.  The X desktop was interlaced just fine.

However, interlaced /XVideo/ only started working on my recent MythTV
0.24-fixes+Fedora 14+256.53 drivers+7600GT/7600GS rebuild. On my old system,
each scanline was doubled, halving the vertical resolution, so it looked a
bit like an old VHS recording.

nVidia still managed to do better than ATI, though - with all the ATI cards
and drivers I tried, interlaced Xv output was even worse. The most amusing
was when the combination I was using resulted in the top half of the frame
being stretched vertically to the full frame height. Unusable.

HTH,
Alex