[mythtv-users] Best way to integrate a Netflix feed into Myth ?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Aug 23 18:27:40 UTC 2011

On 11-08-23 01:55 PM, Devin Heitmueller wrote:

> I would suggest not speaking to legal issues, in particular when you
> appear to be poorly informed.  Format shifting has been shown numerous
> times to not be applicable to DVDs due to the DMCA rules related to
> DRM (which don't apply to CDs since there was no DRM involved).

I'm glad you brought this up.  It seems that every time somebody wants
to discuss something like CAMs and whatnot (even when just to access
something they are already paying for) they are very quickly quashed due
to the legal issues around it but nobody seems to jump on anyone for
discussions of DVD ripping, which, given the DMCA implications appears
to be just as illegal.

Why the double-standard?

b.