[mythtv-users] No video or audio using Pinnacle PCTV 800i

Saul A. Peebsen jaglover at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 01:19:49 UTC 2011

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 20:02:19 -0500
Greg Glaze <stinkydaddyo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Trying the post again.
>
> I am new to MythTV, but I believe I've tried all the options found in
> this group and am still not getting any video from my Pinnacle PCTV
> 800i.  My logs have been captured at the following URL.  Sorry for
> the blank URL last time, but I've confirmed that this URL contains
> the logs.
>
> http://pastebin.com/vAEJ1NPW
>
> When I click "Watch TV", MythTV shows a blank screen for a few
> seconds, then goes back to the menu.  dmesg confirms I have the
> XC5000 firmware installed, yet I'm still getting a "format_to_mode()
> does not recognize V4L1" message. Note that there are some messages
> in the syslog that state that the XC5000 firmware file cannot be
> found, but those messages are from when I tried a different version
> of the firmware.

Hmmm ... welcome to the club. I've similar errors with my V4L card,
IVTV card works properly. My trouble started when support for V4Lv1 was
dropped. I even started a thread here but got no response. It seems I
can use v4l2-ctl to switch channels and BE can do it, too, I do get
recordings from this card, but frontend for some reason fails to change
channels. I wish someone could shed some light on this.

--
Cheers, Saul