[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Prime SF Bay Area

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Aug 24 02:45:11 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> I then created a new video source and attached it to my HD-PVR (yes,
> bear with me).  Because Myth presumes that the HDHR needs scanning,
> Fetch Channels From Listing Source is greyed out.  I'll see what I can
> do about this in the next few days.  For HDHR Primes, this logic
> should actually be inverted.  So, I attached the empty lineup to my
> HD-PVR and hit fetch channels from listing source.  I then detached
> the lineup from my HD-PVR and attached it to the three tuners of the
> HDHR Prime.

Just to elaborate on this point a bit, as I discovered when helping
some other prime users

1) If you don't have an HD-PVR recorder to assign it to, you can just
create a new recorder temporarily, do the assigned + fetch, unassign,
then delete the fake recorder. And the type of recorder doesn't have
to be HD-PVR. In case you have myth compiled without HD-PVR support, I
believe the import recorder and demo recorder options will also let
you do the same (at least in 0.24....I didn't look at the code in
trunk)

2) it's not only important that your video source be assigned to the
HD-PVR (or import or demo) recorder, but also that it NOT be assigned
to ANY OTHER RECORDERS. The reason is, when mythfilldatabase looks up
the video source configuration, if that video source is connected to
multiple recorders, it just grabs the first one it finds. If the first
one it finds happens to be something that requires scanning (like the
HDHR), then it will not setup the channels for you.

--
Ron Frazier