[mythtv-users] can recording rules be edited?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Aug 25 15:47:33 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 04:19:54PM +1000, blind_Pete wrote:
> Is it possible to edit a pre-existing rule such as, "find weekly
> from 10pm Wednesday /the movie show/ on any channel"?  (And if it is
> possible, how?)  Things would work better with "find in the six and
> a half day window starting on Wednesday evening".  Alternatively, I
> could stop using all exiting rules and create all new custom rules,
> but that seems like doing things the hard way.
>
> The problem is that some "regular" programs move by a little bit
> from day to day or week to week, and if the find rule knows that it
> recorded an episode only 6 days 23 hours and 59 minutes ago it
> thinks that it has this week's episode and doesn't bother with the
> first showing.  It will probably catch a repeat, but it does leave
> the poor human saying, "what?".

record.findtime and record.finddate control when the day and week
start for find rules.  The values default to midnight and the current
date for search fules.  Ther were intentionally not made visible in
mythtfrontend to keep things simple.  However, I believe they are
visible and editable in mythweb.

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 07:51:02AM -0400, George Nassas wrote:
> On 2011-08-25, at 7:06 AM, Ronald Frazier wrote:
>
> > I'm actually trying pretty hard to think of a case where one-each-week
> > would be appropriate, but I'm having a hard time
>
> It's appropriate when there's only ever a generic description. One
> topical show I record doesn't decide its programme until a few hours
> before airtime so there's no schedule description way to tell which
> two of the three daily showings are repeats.

This is exactly why the find daily and find weekly rules were created.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net