[mythtv-users] Problem deleting recordings with find_orphans.py NameError: global name 'NoneType' is not defined

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Aug 25 16:18:39 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> This is an unavoidable but otherwise benign race condition.  If the
> backend deletes the entry at some point between the script pulling the
> entry from the database, and telling the backend to delete it, you will
> get this error.

That doesn't seem plausible.  It also doesn't seem that benign either.

I just tried it again.

I run the script, it reports I have 229 recordings with missing files,
I select option 1, it repeats the list of 229 recordings, I confirm
that yes I want to delete it, and then ~10 seconds later I get the
traceback error and the script exits.

So now I run it again and I'm down to 227 recordings with missing
files.  Should I just keep doing this 114 more times?

> I cleaned up the bindings to handle this more
> gracefully several months ago.

I'm using a version of the script I pulled off the mythtv wiki this
morning.  I noticed that it had some additional error handling that
wasn't in the first version I had, but it doesn't seem to have made
any difference for this case.  I'm using the Debian multimedia package
for the mythtv python bindings.  Its version is
0.24.1+fixes20110812-0.0.

Eric