[mythtv-users] Mythwelcome gives black screen?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Aug 26 19:26:07 UTC 2011

On 2011-08-26, at 2:33 PM, Jan Johansson wrote:

> I can confirm your observations. And killing mythshutdown also fixed my situation.

Oh yay! I'm not the only one. This is a backtrace I pulled the other day:

#0  pthread_cond_wait@@GLIBC_2.3.2 () at ../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/pthread_cond_wait.S:162
#1  0x00007f8e2f534e6b in QWaitCondition::wait(QMutex*, unsigned long) () from /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4
#2  0x00007f8e2f533eac in QThread::wait(unsigned long) () from /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4
#3  0x00007f8e368ee94b in MThread::wait (this=0x1ab1a00, time=18446744073709551615) at mthread.cpp:296
#4  0x00007f8e369c6496 in DatabaseLogger::stopDatabaseAccess (this=0x1ab0920) at logging.cpp:411
#5  0x00007f8e369ca255 in logStop () at logging.cpp:1108
#6  0x00007f8e35f3e47c in ~MythContext (this=0x1ab11c0, __in_chrg=<value optimized out>) at mythcontext.cpp:1105
#7  0x000000000040bae6 in main (argc=6, argv=0x7fff97a5bba8) at main.cpp:820

I'm running Thursday morning's master but the problem was present in Tuesday morning's code as well. Sorry I don't remember what I was running before that Tuesday build but I'm normally within two weeks of master. The system is debian stable 64 bit except the kernel is 2.6.39 from backports.org.

Happy to test out theories if someone gives me a wee bit of orientation.

- George