[mythtv-users] HD-PVR recordings oversaturated

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 04:28:56 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:28 PM, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just upgrade the firmware on my HD-PVR from a version 0x12 May 7, 2009 to
> the latest from the Hauppauge web site, 0x17 July 27, 2011.  Now all
> recordings from the HD-PVR are way oversaturated.  Catting /dev/video0 and
> playing the file with vlc yields the same result.  According to v4l2-ctl -l,
> the settings are all at defaults.  Any ideas what the problem could be?
>
> Kern.log says "untested firmware, the driver might not work".  That's a
> little scary.  Any way to obtain and install a previous firmware version?
>
> -Jerry

I tried adjusting the brightness and contrast in the channel change script,
via:

/usr/bin/v4l2-ctl --device=/dev/video0 --set-ctrl=brightness=100

But it seems to have no effect.  I can use the same command during a
recording from the command line and see it effect the brightness.  It
appears that when the recording starts, these HD-PVR settings get reset to
defaults.

I'm running 0.24.1-fixes, btw.

-Jerry