[mythtv-users] Driving a PAL tv using Intel graphics

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Sat Aug 27 17:55:32 UTC 2011

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 09:08 +0100, "Simon Hobson" <linux at thehobsons.co.uk>
wrote:
> mlt at etruscott.co.uk wrote:
>
> >The telly in question doesn't have one, but does have a component
> >input-does anyone know if there is a way of bodging that?
>
> The question you need to answer is what it needs for sync. If it can
> take composite sync then the VGA-SCART converter should work if you
> put the right plug(s) on instead of the SCART.
> If it takes Sync on Green then the box someone posted a link to also
> does that - you'd just need s a SCART-whatever adapter lead.
> If it needs separate H & V syncs then you'd need to adapt the
> VGA-SCART circuit previously linked to and use a one-transistor
> circuit to invert each signal.
>
> --
> Simon Hobson
>
> Visit http://www.magpiesnestpublishing.co.uk/ for books by acclaimed
> author Gladys Hobson. Novels - poetry - short stories - ideal as
> Christmas stocking fillers. Some available as e-books.

I've seen you go back and forth on the thread, but I don't think I saw a
reason why you just can't get a different video card?  I still have an
SD TV that looks great (38" and a real tube!) and we just aren't going
to upgrade for awhile, so what I did was bought a front end and found a
geforce 8400 with the proper tv out.  Actually, it was a half height
card with DVI so I can upgrade to HDMI in the future, as well as svideo
out.  The svideo I could have brought down to a composite connection if
I wanted.  Plus, supports HD and vdpau.

Cards like this are going for peanuts on ebay... picked mine up for $20
shipped.

--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com