[mythtv-users] OT: I'm abandoning Netflix (WD Live Hub too.)

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 19:39:33 UTC 2011

FWIW, we watched a movie on Netflix last night using my wife *cough* Windows
7 *cough* laptop.

The laptop drove our Samsung 55" LCD at 1920x1080 via an HDMI connection.  I
turned off the laptop display and enabled the Samsung only.

It was the same or easier to navigate the movie list on Netflix with the
laptop.

When the movie started, it allowed us to select a download rate.  We chose
the highest rate.

The laptop was connected wirelessly to the Internet via our new
Linksys/Cisco E4200 wireless router.

The picture quality was much better than what we saw with the WD box, either
on the component or HDMI interface.

Obviously the Netflix feed isn't 1080.   But it wasn't bad either.   I
enjoyed the movie image quality a lot more than I did with the WD box.

I think the Netflix Windows image quality is adequate for a large
flatscreen, although I won't be using it with 100" projector.  I'll stick to
Blu Ray DVDs and HD feeds for it.