[mythtv-users] HDPVR firmware upgrade

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Aug 29 14:22:07 UTC 2011

On 29/08/11 14:01, Jim Berwick wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've been trying to update the firmwares for my two HDPVRs following the
> instructions in the Wiki.  One has firmware 0xf, one has 0x12 (I Believe
> 0x15 is the latest?).
>
> I downloaded the most recent Windows drivers from the Hauppauge site,
> plugged each PVR into my Windows 7 laptop, ran the .exe and let it
> install the drivers, etc.  I plug them back into my backend and the
> firmware revisions are unchanged.  I did open a support case with
> Hauppauge, but haven't heard back yet.  Any ideas what I could be doing
> wrong?

I think the firmware is loaded into the device during linux boot - from
eg /lib/firmware in Fedora.  Your dmesg will probably quote the name of
the file being loaded and googling for that might get you to the new
version.  Or may be someone on this list with an HDPVR can do that or
tell you how to extract it from the Windows file.

John P