[mythtv-users] Frontend crashes when playing AVC videos/recordings

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Aug 29 18:58:31 UTC 2011

On 8/29/2011 14:15, Thomas Boehm wrote:
> I think my last reply didn't get approved due to the size of the attachment. So here it is again. This time I uploaded that file onto my webspace. The resulting file you can find here: http://www.boehmi.net/gdb.txt

Looking through that backtrace, the issue seems to be in the ffmpeg
decoding libraries (libavcodec), which would make it an upstream
problem.  The ffmpeg libraries in 0.24 are almost a year old now.  The
copy of the libraries in 0.25 are much newer, and having downloaded and
tested the file, do not seem to suffer the same issue.  Chances are XBMC
is using a new copy as well, and VLC uses its own independent libraries.

I realize this is not what you want to hear, but chances are you'll just
have to wait for 0.25 to be released for a fix.  A fix would entail a
resync of libraries, which is something that will not happen on the
-fixes branch.