[mythtv-users] New HDMI Receiver, need to update ALSA

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 03:14:34 UTC 2011

I have a Denon AVR-3312CI on the way to me.  I need to upgrade my 10.10 x64
w/ JYAs repos to ALSA 1.0.24 drivers AND libraries.  I have followed this
thread:

I hope this will get me where I need to go.  It seems to have installed OK.
 I have a Zotac 430 in my front end.  "aplay -L" and "aplay -l" give me
output and I can see:

card 3: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 3: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 3: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 8: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 3: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 9: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I hope this is all I need.  Hopefully, the receiver will come in by Friday.
 If the steps I followed are incorrect, can someone tell me what I should be
doing.  I just double checked that my current setup (digital COAX out) is
still working.  It seems to be.  I can play AC3, DTS and music and hear
everything.  Thanks for the help!

Jim