[mythtv-users] Regression with HDHomeruns & mythbuntu 0.24+fixes sometime in July?

Julius Roberts hooliowobbits at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 04:22:00 UTC 2011

On 30 August 2011 14:10, Stephen Hocking <stephen.hocking at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sometime during July I started to get glitches in my recordings, and
> the CPU usage whilst recording jumped a bit. Has anyone else with a
> similar configuration seen this

hi mate, i've a hdhomerun and i do get infrequent random minor
glitches in my recordings, which i believe are the result of momentary
but tangible pauses I experience when watching live tv.  I put those
pauses down to the ongoing issues as documented in the lengthy thread
[mythtv-users] Playback problem -- random short pauses.

FWIW it doesn't really trouble me, the glitches really are quite
minor, i might drop 10 or more frames of video with no loss in audio
at all, and it might happen once every 3 hours watching recorded TV.
I don't watch live tv at all.

I've been through and updated the firmware in my hdhomerun with no
discernible reduction in this behavior.  I can't tell you when this
behavior started, it may well have been for as long as i've been on
.24.  (2:0.24.1+fixes.20110828.8b9e5ce-0ubuntu0mythbuntu2)

--
Kind regards, Jules

The CLI is everywhere. It's all around us, even in this very room. You
can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your
television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to work,
when you pay your taxes. The GUI is the world that has been pulled
over your eyes to blind you from the truth.