[mythtv-users] HD-PVR recordings oversaturated

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Tue Aug 30 21:45:17 UTC 2011

> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 7:23 AM, Jim Morton
> <Jim at morton.hrcoxmail.com>wrote:
>

>> On 8/29/2011 7:41 PM, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
>> >

>> > I sent an email to Hauppauge support over the weekend asking if I
>> > could get a previous version of the firmware, but haven't heard back
>> yet.
>> >

>> I have 0x15 which I could zip and send to you. It is from Aug 2010 and
>> works fine with my 2 HDPVRs.
>>

> Sure, Jim, please send it my way.

I'm still running 0x12 - never had any problems with it, so never upgraded
it:

hdpvr 2-3:1.0: untested firmware version 0x12, the driver might not work

Obviously, 0x17 has issues...if 0x15 is better than 0x12 and has no
problems, I'd like a copy also.

The only thing I've noticed is that since upgrading to a GT 430 video card
and using the HDMI interface instead of the VGA, if I turn the TV/receiver
 on or off, the HD-PVR stops recording momentarily (few seconds) then
comes back on...some sort of weirdness with the USB interface when the
HDMI interface on the video card sees activity??  Does 0x15 fix this?

Thanks -- Bob