[mythtv-users] .ICEAuthority corrupt for a second time

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 21:10:33 UTC 2011

as per the subject; my .ICEAuthority file has become corrupt for the
second time in 2 weeks.
deleting the file and rebooting recreates and fixes whatever the problem is.

this shows itself as failing to open mythfrontend, although will wait
pending some timeout on the mythbuntu theme background texture (black
with dark grey lines)

the first time it happened i dont know what caused it. I did loose
ADSL service, so i put it down to a network issue.
this time i closed mythfrontend, ran updates (both ubuntu and mythtv
updates), reboot as it required kernel updates, and then i had issues.

while i havent checked SMART data yet (ubuntu repo's seem to be having
speed issues), bonnie++ suggests the disk is performing correctly.

the machine is FE only, and runs mythbuntu 11.04 x64, with myth 0.24.1

any ideas what could be triggering this? i've been using mythtv for a
year now and it's been perfect. i recently reconfigured my mythtv
setup as a seperate BE and FE setup, and this FE is about a month old
in it's install. the FE hardware proved fine in it's previous use.