[mythtv-users] Sync live tweets to recording playback

Michael Robinson mike at robinsonhome.org
Sun Dec 4 19:13:27 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Michael Robinson
<mike at robinsonhome.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Michael Robinson
> <mike at robinsonhome.org> wrote:
>> FYI,
>>
>> I wrote a Java application for myself that I thought others folks
>> might enjoy.  The app will replay tweets in sync with the playback of
>> a recording.  For example, if you recorded the a program the night
>> before, you can run this app while watching it and the tweets that
>> were sent when the program was actually aired will be displayed in
>> sync with the recording.  You can get it here:
>>
>>    http://digivim.com/dvm/products/mythtwit/MythTwit.zip
>>
>> If you have any feedback, please feel free to let me know.  Here's the
>> help info:
>
> I've added support for Twitter's live streaming API, so now you can
> get updates while the recording is in progress.  You can get it here:
>
>    http://digivim.com/dvm/products/mythtwit/MythTwit.zip
>
> You can see the details with the "-help" switch.  Feedback is welcome.
>
> -Mike

Changes for version 0.6:

    - Support for Twitter's new authorization requirements
    - The application itself can display the tweets instead of using a callback
    - The profile picture link associated with the tweet is now provided

You can get the latest version here:

    http://digivim.com/dvm/products/mythtwit/MythTwit.zip

Here's the new help text for the callback switch:

 -callback <command>
       System command to be called when a tweet is to be displayed.
       Four environment values will be passed to the command:
            MYTHTWIT_USER = Originator's Twitter display name
            MYTHTWIT_TEXT = The tweet's content
        MYTHTWIT_IMAGELOC = The URL to the user's avatar
       MYTHTWIT_TIMESTAMP = Timestamp for the tweet (yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss)

       If the special value "MythTwit" is specified, then tweets will
be displayed
       to the screen by this application.  Optional parameters may be
provided to
       customize the display.  The syntax is as follows:

       For example, to specify side margins of 20 pixels and a bottom margin of
       30 pixels the switch would be:

           -callback MythTwit:20:20:30

       For no margins, the switch can simply be:

           -callback MythTwit

Thanks for the feedback.  Please let me know if you have any issues.

-Mike