[mythtv-users] Trying to get music to play with MythMusic -- stumped.

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 00:38:49 UTC 2011

On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 5:02 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
> On 04/12/11 22:42, David Watkins wrote:
>>> I would appreciate knowing what the keystrokes are for the rest of the
>>> MythMusic controls, but I'll eventually find them by keyboard bashing
>>> if necessary.
>>
>>> From Memory:
>> '1'      ->     Toggle Shuffle Mode
>> '2'      ->     Toggle Repeat
>> '3'      ->     Select Music
>> '4'      ->     Toggle Visualisation
>> '5'      ->     Toggle Blank Screen
>> 'p'      ->     Toggle Play/Pause
>>
>> and the arrows seem to work for skipping in the normal way.  If there
>> are other controls I haven't found them
>
> I suppose this is a place to start?
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythMusic#Useful_keys_to_know

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm also hunting around in the key
definitions listed in the Edit Keys screen.

Now my problem is getting the music files to be visible on the remote
FE.  Seems my knowledge of NFS configuration is outdated or too rusty.
  I added an entry to the FE's fstab like this:
backend_host_name:/video/music /storage/music nfs ro,soft,bg 0 0
I also added an entry to the BE's /etc/exports like this:
/video/music    *(ro,async,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)
And, I created the target directory like this:
sudo mkdir -p /storage/music
which created both /storage and /storage/music owned by root with
permissions=755.

However, when I try to mount the NFS file share like this:
mount -a
or like this:
mountall
I get error messages like this:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
backend_host_name::/video/music,
       (for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might
       need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program)
       dmesg | tail  or so

My best guess is that I'm missing /sbin/mount.nfs.  Why wouldn't that
already be installed and where do I get that? (I'm still running
mythbuntu 10.04.)

Or... Did I miss something else?

Craig.