[mythtv-users] DVB-S locking problem

Mark Carbonaro mark.carbonaro at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 23:23:59 UTC 2011

On 4 December 2011 12:28, Mark Carbonaro <mark.carbonaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4 December 2011 08:54, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>> On 12/03/2011 04:07 AM, Mark Carbonaro wrote:
>>> I have a strange issue that started happening in the last month and
>>> was wondering if anyone has some advice on how I can track down and
>>> resolve the issue.
>>>
>>> I use a DVB-S (Tevii S660) which was working fine, but all of a sudden
>>> it stopped getting a lock (Tl___).
>>> I am running the following:
>>> mythbackend version: fixes/0.24 [v0.24.1-101-g5da2367]
>>> Linux Kernel Gentoo 3.0.6 (I have also tried running 2.6.39 kernel as
>>> it seemed to stop working around the time I upgraded, but no luck)
>>
>> Lawrence, could this be related to your ticket at:
>>
>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10153
>>
>> (as the Tevii S660 is actually a DVB-S2 device)?
>>
>> Mike
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> I went back to 2.6.39 to check this out (I thought I tried it before
> and the issue remained) and you are right as I can lock on 2.6.39 but
> fails on 3.0.6.
>
> So it looks like the same bug, I'm happy to run on 2.6.39 until this
> issue can be resolved.
>
> Thanks for pointing this bug out.
>
> Regards,
> Mark

Hi again,

So I went back to 2.6.39 and it seems to be tuning correctly, but Myth
is not able to fetch any data from dvr0.  So in the case of watching
live TV the frontend times out waiting for data and when recording the
file grows to about 370 bytes and that is it.

Does anyone have some hints on how to troubleshoot this kind of issue?

Thanks,
Mark