[mythtv-users] OS X; Wirecast use with MythTV?

Bob Majors majors at uw.edu
Tue Dec 6 00:41:47 UTC 2011

I've scanned the wiki some, but didn't find an answer. I'm completely new to MythTV.

I have CATV connected to an outboard demodulator, where I manually have the channel set (note: I don't need to change the channel I'm looking at; that stays static). Demodulator A & V analog output to Canopus A/D. Canopus FireWire to OS X server. Signal picked up by Wirecast (very similar to the free OS X app QuickTime Broadcaster). WireCast broadcast the signal, reflecting it to QuickTime Streaming Server, which provides the stream to our students.

I've rolled my own recording system, using AppleScript to control Wirecast, linking to a database for program material and control, creating custom web pages for user access, etc., and while I've been able to get it to work, I've never completely debugged it.

Given my setup, would it be possible for MythTV to access the same signal that Wirecast is receiving (again, coming in through Firewire) simultaneously, so that I could continue to have live, true-streamed video (a requirement), and simultaneously record material via MythTV? thanks

Bob