[mythtv-users] Recommendations for front end replacement

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Tue Dec 6 15:12:56 UTC 2011

On 11-12-06 07:34 AM, Brent Bolin wrote:
..
> ION looks fine for OTA mpeg2 HD broadcast when the scenes are close up
> and slower.  Even some football games are pretty good.  But when you
> get a large panned scenery shots stutter shows up.

Yeah, ION isn't quite fast enough to do full Advanced 2X deinterlacing
with smooth playback.

But the newer ION2 is fast enough for that.

Going with a larger system, with a full PCIe video card,
allows enabling more VDPAU features though.

I've got both kinds of systems here, both play 1080 content
(various flavours) equally well.

My BIG system (GT240) does choke on the only VC-1 BlueRay content
I have for it though.  Haven't tried that clip on the Ion2 yet.

Cheers