[mythtv-users] It's back...frequent random pauses

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Wed Dec 7 05:59:47 UTC 2011

Recently updated to last 0.24.1-fixes (JYA binaries)

2.4GHZ Q6600, 8G RAM, NVidia GT430
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, latest updates (except kernel - still using 2.6.32-34
because newer kernels do not have backported ALSA drivers -> no sound via
HDMI)
Using VDPAU HQ, 4 CPUs, tried disabling and enabling deblocking filter, no
difference.

I'm seeing frequent pauses playing .mkv videos.  Also, I often get
prolonged pauses when trying to rewind or fast-forward more than a few
steps.

In the frontend logs, I see these corresponding to the hangups (sometimes
lots of them in succession):

2011-12-06 21:30:45.276 Player(0): Waited 100ms for video buffers
AAAALfAALLAAAAAfffAAAAfff

I had seen this before, but it went away a couple of months ago.  The
latest update has brought it back.

I see that in the list of "fixes" upcoming in 0.25, this is mentioned as
solved.
Anything I can do now to minimize the problem until 0.25 is "official"?

Thanks....Bob