[mythtv-users] CableCard surprise

scott.chevalley@gmail.com avalon at osguru.org
Thu Dec 8 03:57:06 UTC 2011

I have two cablecards from Verizon and I didn't get anything else with them. I'm in northern Virginia so maybe different areas handle it differently. I'm using them with two hauppauge dcr-2650s and they're working fine so far.

Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:

I ordered a CableCard on Monday from Verizon, and today I got three (3) boxes in the mail.  One contained the CableCard, and the other two each contained a DCT-700 digital adapter.  What madness is this?  Is this standard procedure, or is this extra equipment I'll be charged rent for?  I'll find out for sure tomorrow when I call them, but I thought I'd check here in the meantime.

-Jerry