[mythtv-users] Auto-transcode to x264 and update MythTV database along the way

Robert Waldner waldner at waldner.priv.at
Fri Dec 9 15:18:15 UTC 2011

On Fri, 09 Dec 2011 07:50:07 CST, Jeremy Jones writes:
>What you want is the Transcode Wrapper Stub on the MythTV Wiki.  It will
>let you put in your own transcode command and will take care of the
>database stuff for you.  As for the pretty names, I run mythlink
>to create 'pretty' names linked to the actual file in a separate directory.
> That way the integrity of the naming convention is kept in place.
>
>check this page: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Transcode_wrapper_stub
>
>and this one: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythlink.pl
>
>You can also replace the mythTV transcode command to us this and then set
>it to flag commercials afterward.  There are several recent threads out
>there where Mike Dean and Raymond Wagner helped me get this working on my
>machine.

Thanks for the pointers - right now I'm trying to figure out how to get
 the commercial-detection information out of the DB, so I can then use
 that to make chapter markers in MKV.

(I am not watching the recordings via Myth, as that machine is nowhere
 near my nice&big TV-set; I use a different media player (Xtreamer) for
 playback and want chapter markers at start/end of the commercials so I
 can easily skip around. I don't trust mythcommflag enough to actually
 cut the commercials (yet).)

cheers,
&rw
--
-- As folks might have suspected, not much survives except roaches,
-- and they don't carry large enough packets fast enough...