[mythtv-users] Fedora 16 for mythTV

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 01:01:40 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 6:48 PM, Tomas Aronsson <d0malaga at gmail.com> wrote:
> * Changing ownership of mythtv files as the backend does not run as
> root, including disabling SELinux after some mythweb complaints which
> I couldn't solve quickly by chcon / setsebool commands.

Yup, don't forget to change ownership of the logs in /var/log/mythtv as well.

> * Not able to access /dev/video0 as the backend does not run as root.
> Solved by adding the "mythtv" user to the "video" group. Are there
> better ways? Should this be included in some Fusion rpm file?

No, there was an error in the RPM where it would exit the script that
adds the mythtv user to the audio and video groups before doing it.
That should be fixed in the latest release.

> Overall I think Fedora 16 and the RPM Fusion files work fine.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to improve them as I have time but
it's going to be a while before I come close to knowing what Jarod did
:)

Thanks,
Richard