[mythtv-users] Coming back to Myth : a few questions

PJR pjrobinson at metronet.co.uk
Sun Dec 11 16:02:45 UTC 2011

Having a mythtv backend that shuts down when there is nothing to do and
wakes up when a recording is due has all been solved.  I've been running
my system like that for several years now.  I used the scripts etc from
the mythtv documentation on this subject, can't remember where, nothing
too difficult.  I also run a modified version of mythmote (a myth remote
for Android)  to which I've added wake-on-lan so I can wake my FE/BE
system up from its sleep if I want to do anything (I've written a
similar python app which runs on ubuntu to do the same job).

PJR